Conquer Chiari Malformation
In 2012, TMOMC was proud to support The Conquer Chiari Walk Across America. Chiari Malformation is a serious neurological disorder where the bottom part of the brain, the cerebellum, descends out of the skull and crowds the spinal cord, putting pressure on both the brain and spine and causing many symptoms. One of our members has a child with this condition that will be undergoing surgery in December.
March of Dimes March for Babies
TMOMC supports The March of Dimes Spring March for Babies is held at various cities throughout the Tidewater Area. The name has changed but the goal is the same! Join us support the March of Dimes in the March for Babies! Our members have raised over $7000 in recent years to help stamp out premature birth. Look out for our double, triple, and quad strollers as we give back to our community.
You’ve Been Helped by the March of Dimes if:
- You’ve received a polio vaccine
- Your baby or someone you know received lung surfactant therapy to treat respiratory distress syndrome
- You’re aware that folic acid may help prevent serious birth defects of the brain and spinal cord
- You’re aware that alcohol, street drugs and tobacco use during pregnancy may cause serious birth defects
- You know the signs of preterm labor and what to do if they happen